Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
This position is responsible for the support of enterprise storage for both MEDHOST and MEDHOST Direct environments meeting high availability, performance, and disaster recovery requirements.
• Performs installation, upgrades, configuration, deployment, and administration of enterprise level storage focusing on IBM Storwize and IBM DS systems and hardware.
• Provide L2/L3 technical support for escalated incidents as needed to restore services.
• Diagnoses complex issues and implements projects at an advanced technical level regarding Storage, SAN, VTL, and Brocade operations.
• Drives deep dive analysis to troubleshoot and resolves performance issues and resource normalization.
• Works to ensure user satisfaction by providing installation, configuration, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving complex problems.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
• Works as technical lead on specific projects. Establishes and communicates common goals and direction for the team members.
• Acts as an advocate for the customer's technical needs while ensuring compliance and adherence to all applicable processes, procedures, and standards.
• Develops systems management capabilities – early warnings, monitors for critical components that are threshold driven.
• Recommends solutions and alternatives to obtain efficiencies within the platform, enhancing systems stability, reliability, and availability.
• As required, works weekends and/or off-hours to meet project/workload demands and production on-call duties.
• Assists with identification/implementation of improvement opportunities in daily operations.
• iSeries administration and operations background
• VIOS administration experience
Required Qualifications :
• 5 – 10 years working in an enterprise storage environment.
• Strong knowledge and experience in managing fiber channel based SAN fabrics.
• Experience with data replication and disaster recovery technologies to meet established RPOs
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related field or equivalent additional experience.
• Show initiative and run on-time self-paced projects to meet deadlines.
• Possess excellent analytical, listening, and communication skills.
• Can work independently as well as collaboratively. Must display the ability to be a team player and work well with employees at all levels.
• Must efficiently manage projects and daily tasks including break/fix downtime events.
• Must possess strong problem resolution skills.
• Must be willing to learn new tasks, and cross train as needed.
• Has excellent written, proofreading and strong documentation skills.
• Must be flexible with a can-do attitude and can remain professional under high-pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Negative pre-employment drug test.
• Criminal and MVR backgrounds must meet our company hiring criteria.