Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
The staff accountant position will be responsible for performing accounting duties as assigned as well as assist with month-end close duties, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
• Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned.
• Assist in preparing financial information for internal and external audits.
• Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
• Assist with corporate reporting requirements.
• Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
• Perform various accounting projects for the department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
OTHER REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS (EDUCATION, SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, ETC.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
• 1+ years of experience in Financial Accounting and other financial areas preferred.
• Strong understanding of accounting theory.
• Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Negative pre-employment drug screen.
• Criminal and MVR backgrounds meets our company hiring criteria.