Service Desk Technician I (Plano, TX)
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
Position provides 1st level technical support to internal employees and all corporate infrastructures. This individual will be responsible for answering technical questions, troubleshooting, resolving users' issues, managing ticket queues, creating user accounts, and assisting in deploying and maintaining company assets.
• Create and enhance current knowledge base documents as technology changes.
• Troubleshoot technical problems that users encounter while using the company provided computers and software, provide user account maintenance, and supply solutions derived through research and troubleshooting.
• Educate clients when possible to reduce incident volume and enhance client knowledge.
• Communicate professionally with customers, users, and co-workers as well as track/update information in ticketing system.
• Research, resolve and respond to questions received via telephone calls, emails, walkups and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with standards.
• Escalate problems to appropriate team(s) based on established guidelines and procedures.
• Troubleshoot and repair defective/damaged equipment (laptops, monitors, docking stations, cell phones, etc.).
• Provide on-call site support for critical issues on a 24/7 rotation.
Required Qualifications :
• A+ Certified or similar experience
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems: 7, 10, Server 2012, Server 2016.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Active Directory
• General network topology comprehension
• Apple iOS device setup and configuration
• Customer Service Orientation – extends to both internal and external customers.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to respond to Incidents and Service Requests quickly and efficiently, while adjusting priorities.
• An approach to work which is conscientious and methodical; a strong work ethic using efficient methods and the ability to see tasks through to completion.
• Must be self-motivated and have the independence, initiative, and desire to succeed.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with both team members and other users on a non-technical level and translate their needs into workable solutions.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be willing to learn new tasks, and cross-train as needed.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Must be able to work at the corporate office M-F 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends during on call rotation.
• Microsoft SCCM, Exchange and SharePoint configuration and reporting
• Scripting and CLI proficiency
• Experience with MacOS
• Cisco Duo, Webex, and AnyConnect
• IBM System I