Senior Open Systems Engineer – Automation/Monitoring
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
This position supports, manages and maintains systems to ensure the streamlined operation of the MEDHOST IT infrastructure. The areas of responsibility may include: Virtualization (VMware vSphere and VDI), Storage, Windows servers and Active Directory, Messaging, Citrix, Backups, Linux servers, Monitoring, Security/Compliance and Server Hardware. Primary focus will be Automation / Orchestration and Monitoring.
• Automate tasks utilizing industry standard tools (VMware, Microsoft, etc.).
• Continuous improvement and development of monitoring for managed systems.
• Manage servers, operating systems, storage and other hardware/software supported by the Open Systems department.
• Provide support to customers and other teams and lead/participate in troubleshooting efforts.
• Perform root cause analysis, problem isolation and resolution.
• Practice and verify consistent application of policies, standards and procedures for servers and other hardware/software.
• Develop and improve processes and tools required to execute regular operational activities and life-cycle management of systems.
• Conduct proactive monitoring of systems and capacity planning.
• Create and maintain documentation related to area of responsibilities.
• Provide support and mentoring to junior members of team.
• Identify, recommend and implement upgrades and enhancements required of systems to maintain functionality and optimal performance.
• Perform regular system maintenance, patching and updates.
• Identify hardware/software requirements for corporate projects and perform the build of these systems.
• Act as technical lead in projects and initiatives as assigned by supervisor.
• Participate in 24X7 on-call rotation.
Required Qualifications :
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related field or equivalent additional experience.
• 5 or more years of experience as a System Engineer in an enterprise environment, focused on area(s) of responsibility.
• Technical certifications preferred: Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, EMC or Red Hat, depending on area of responsibility.
• Knowledge of Windows platforms, server hardware, software, SAN storage, network administration.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to efficiently and independently manage projects and issues.
• Must possess and have proven troubleshooting skills.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible and work with a high level of initiative.
• Must have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Negative pre-employment drug and background tests.