Senior Linux Engineer
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
The Linux Systems Engineer will be leading our RHEL standardization program and will be the primary point of contact with internal and external stakeholders. The role will be focusing on driving standardization, efficiency, and repeatability. This role will work to define standards, lead stakeholder reviews, enhance current images, provide Tier 3 support as required and develop procedural documentation based on current solution sets.
• Develop and implement strategy for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6, 7 and 8 solutions for development, QA, Implementation, and other groups.
• Work to enhance our Red Hat Satellite 6 Management solution for centralized system management.
• Develop and implement automation with Ansible Tower.
• Integrate software deployment scripts into our base images to speed deployment of software solutions.
• Export images to OVF/OVA format to support client on-premise installations.
• Collaborate with maintenance teams to provide tier 3 support for RHEL images & solutions.
• Maintain a change log for all changes to images over time
• Create & test RPM packages to assist with server corrective actions, or update requirements.
• Collaborate with technical writing team to maintain installation documentation.
• Collaborate with hardware engineering & Information Security to update image standards.
* Ensure proper security
* User accounts
* Tomcat installation
* Required maintenance software
Required Qualifications :
Minimum 4 years of experience with:
• Large scale management of Linux operating systems across a geographically distributed environment
• Shell scripting
• RPM Development
• Linux (Redhat/CentOS) administration
• Tomcat administration
• Advocate for technical choices to senior leadership, while maintaining respect and acknowledging business considerations
• Willingness to admit mistakes, learn from them, and move on.
• Passion for learning
• Ability to communicate with diverse cultures
• Personal responsibility for commitments made and results delivered
• Experience with VMware or other virtualization technologies
• RHCSA certification preferred