Product Owner - Revenue Cycle
Job Type :
Job Description :
The Product Owner supports the development of MEDHOST’s Patient Access and Financials Products. He/she will work with Product Management, customers, scrum teams, marketing, and support to take requirements through the development lifecycle and transform into high quality valuable deliverables. Reviews, develops and implements software enhancements to ensure basic functionality of application. The Product Owner also provides analytical and educational support to key MEDHOST departments by remaining knowledgeable of MEDHOST software use and operational needs of the hospital.
• Works closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product roadmap that aligns with business direction and market needs.
• Translates the Product Manager’s’ roadmap initiatives into clearly defined feature sets.
• Collaborate with product management to establish release planning
• Responsible for maintaining a well-groomed product backlog that will support multiple scrum teams.
• Writes user stories with clearly defined acceptance criteria.
• Document workflows and wireframes that will be used to support UI/Ux design and development
• Serves as a key stakeholder in product related decisions during planning and grooming
• Reviews and accepts completed stories
• Reviews quality assurance test scenarios for conformity to requirements.
• Tests and demos product to team, stakeholders, and users.
• Attends all scrum formalities: scrum, grooming, planning, retrospective
• Prioritizes and ranks stories in alignment with product roadmap
• Provides sprint goals and direction to development team in alignment with roadmap.
• Works with Architects and Tech leads to identify non-functional requirements such as infrastructure needs.
• Coordinates feature/capacity estimations
• Maintains project schedule, coordinates conflict and system requirements with applications
• Participates in beta activities.
• Initiate, foster and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external development organizations in an Agile environment
• Maintains knowledge on healthcare trends especially their product
• Knowledgeable of operational issues that surround supported products
• Review escalated calls for priority and proposed solution and collaborate with the Support Department for problem resolution.
• Follow-up on status of problem with appropriate personnel. Escalates problem when determined necessary and follow-up to ensure continued emphasis on resolution.
• Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups, and requirements gathering sessions. Practices open and honest communications with clients
Required Qualifications :
Have strong healthcare integration experience including:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Computer Science, or related fields
• 3-5 years of experience working in Patient Access / Revenue Cycle roles in a healthcare or technology setting
• Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and development management tools such as JIRA
• Knowledge of patient access workflows such as scheduling, admission, registration
• Knowledge of revenue cycle management
• Knowledge of web service-based integrations a plus
• Understanding of standard healthcare workflows, code-sets, and standards (ICD-10, SNOMED, LOINC, HL7, CCD/CDA, etc.).
• Experience working with remote/offshore teams
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally
• Must be able to efficiently and independently manage projects and issues
• Must possess and have proven problem resolution skills
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible and work with a high level of initiative
• Must have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Negative pre-employment drug and background tests