Open Systems Engineer--SCCM
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
The Open Systems Engineer
position supports, manages and maintains systems to ensure the streamlined operation of the MEDHOST IT infrastructure. This opening will concentrate primarily (approximately 80%) on the RedHat Linux areas, and the other areas of responsibility may include: Virtualization (VMware vSphere and VDI), Storage, Windows servers and Active Directory, Messaging, Citrix, Backups, Monitoring, Security/Compliance and Server Hardware.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Manage servers, operating systems, storage and other hardware/software supported by the Open Systems department.
- Provide support to customers and other teams and lead/participate in troubleshooting efforts.
- Perform root cause analysis, problem isolation and resolution.
- Practice and verify consistent application of policies, standards and procedures for servers and other hardware/software.
- Monitor queues in our incident management system and drive cases from beginning until final resolution.
- Conduct proactive monitoring of systems and capacity planning.
- Create and maintain documentation related to area of responsibilities.
- Identify, recommend and implement upgrades and enhancements required of systems to maintain functionality and optimal performance.
- Perform regular system maintenance, patching and updates.
- Identify hardware/software requirements for corporate projects and perform the build of these systems.
- Participate in 24X7 on-call rotation.
Required Qualifications :
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related field or equivalent additional experience.
- 3 or more years of experience as a System Engineer in an enterprise environment, focused on area(s) of responsibility.
- Technical certifications preferred: Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, EMC or Red Hat, depending on area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of Windows platforms, server hardware, software, SAN storage, network administration.
- At lease 3 years of experience with SCCM and AD is required
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to efficiently and independently manage projects and issues.
- Must possess and have proven troubleshooting skills.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
- Must be flexible and work with a high level of initiative.
- Must have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Negative pre-employment drug and background tests.
***Position can work out of our Franklin, TN headquarters or our Plano, TX office.