Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
The Microsoft Engineer is responsible for participating in the design, maintenance and architecting of our existing Microsoft (AD, ADFS, SSO, DNS, DHCP) infrastructure and work on future internal and external facing development projects. This individual will be responsible for working under senior engineers on projects and documentation.
• Manage servers, operating systems, storage and other hardware/software supported by IT Engineering and IT Operations.
• Create maintain and transfer Service Design Packages (SDP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for IT operationalization.
• Participate and present new architectural designs in the Architecture Review Board (ARB).
• Participate in change management and present changes to the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
• Design knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 Server/AD domain infrastructure.
• Manage Incidents, Problem and Changes related to SCCM tool.
• Configure, support, and maintain the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment.
• Software and Security Patch Deployment utilizing SCCM.
• Develop and manage deployments of OEM hardware vendor device drivers, BIOS updates, etc via SCCM.
• Perform Tier 3 support duties for SCCM technologies and services.
• SCCM Reporting.
• Continue and improve the patching cadence with the support of the IT Security team.
• Maintain monthly reporting and ensure patching is at 100% compliant.
• Maintain task sequences for application deployments.
• Develop and maintain process/procedure documents as well as documentation for troubleshooting SCCM deployment issues.
• Produce system/client metrics for analysis.
• Perform or assist in testing of product updates prior to deployment into production.
• Create (Powershell) scripts to help automate common tasks.
• Ensure Baseline configuration compliance.
• Provide internal support to other teams and lead/participate in troubleshooting efforts.
• Perform root cause analysis, problem isolation and resolution.
• Practice and verify consistent application of policies, standards and procedures for servers and other hardware/software.
• Develop and improve processes and tools required to execute regular operational activities and life-cycle management of systems.
• Conduct proactive monitoring of systems and capacity planning.
• Create and maintain documentation related to area of responsibilities.
• Provide support and mentoring to junior members of team.
• Identify, recommend and implement upgrades and enhancements required of systems to maintain functionality and optimal performance.
• Perform regular system maintenance, patching and updates.
• Identify hardware/software requirements for corporate projects and perform the build of these systems.
• Act as technical lead in projects and initiatives as assigned by supervisor.
• Participate in 24X7 on-call rotation.
Required Qualifications :
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related field or equivalent additional experience.
• 3 or more years of experience as a System Engineer in an enterprise environment, focused on area(s) of responsibility.
• Technical certifications preferred: Microsoft, Azure, VMware, Citrix, EMC or Red Hat, depending on area of responsibility.
• Knowledge of Windows platforms, server hardware, software, SAN storage, network administration.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to efficiently and independently manage projects and issues.
• Must possess and have proven troubleshooting skills.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible and work with a high level of initiative.
• Must have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Negative pre-employment drug and background tests.