Legislative Analyst, Financial Products
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
The Legislative Analyst, Financial Products is a liaison between MEDHOST Development and the government’s/industry’s legislative committees. The Legislative Analyst will continually maintain knowledge of the current and proposed legislative objectives related to the use of certified EHR technology to satisfy Medicare/Medicaid payment program requirements. The legislative analyst will be the organizations SME on billing and financial regulations and ensure MEDHOST products stay compliant by continuous research on proposed and final billing legislation and guidance. Additionally, the Legislative Analyst will ensure all regulatory information is provided clearly to the Product teams for final execution ahead of any upcoming deadlines. The legislative analyst will assist and perform related tasks in certifying MEDHOST software, including usability testing. This individual works closely with development product owners and development staff to ensure new functionality is consistent with ONC EHR certification requirements, Medicare and Medicaid Payment Programs, and State Payment Programs.
• Serves as the organization’s SME on billing and financial regulations and ensures MEDHOST products stay compliant by continuous research on proposed and final billing legislation and guidance
• Works closely with the Financial Product Owner, architects and developers throughout the software development lifecycle to ensure regulatory compliance in the product.
• Conducts research for Quarterly Financial Regulatory Releases and provides consultation of legislative requirements to Financial Product Owner for execution.
• Assesses regulatory requirements and changes such as those from CMS, HIPAA, JCAHO and state agencies in a proactive manner to determine if software changes are required and ensures information is provided to the product team for execution
• Maintains a complete understanding of Medicare and Medicaid billing requirements and provides information on pending and proposed changes on those requirements to the Product Team.
• On an ongoing basis will attend in EHR Medicare and Medicaid legislative committee meetings.
• Works with product owners in planning changes to product design to maintain regulatory compliance.
• Manages the certification environment to ensure product features and functionality can be properly presented for certification.
• Continuously reviews testing scripts and emerging product functionality to ensure developed features are consistent with certification requirements.
• Assists in the development of regulatory roadmaps for each major piece of EHR legislation.
• Trains the Education department and product owners on emerging financial and billing regulatory requirements.
• Work with the QA department as needed in developing testing scenarios and document/communicate any special testing requirements on individual projects.
• Assists in managing the certification process using project management techniques.
• Administer EHR Usability Testing, the review of collected data and the drafting of usability report.
• Communicates regulatory changes internally and externally.
• Assists with Customer support cases as it pertains to Financial Regulatory and Billing topics.
• Other Legislative and Project duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
• Minimum of BS degree in healthcare, business, finance or related field. An experienced health IT background with billing knowledge is preferred.
• 3+ years experience working with Electronic Health Record billing systems.
• Experience with MEDHOST financial products a plus.
• Collaboration and team management skills required.
• Good project management skills are required.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally are required.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)