IT Engineer I
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
Successful candidate must be proficient in Virtualization (VMware vSphere and Azure Virtual Desktop), Storage, Windows servers and Active Directory, Messaging, Citrix, Backups, Linux servers, Monitoring, Security/Compliance, and Server Hardware (Cisco UCS). Must be able to learn and contribute to the design and delivery of IT infrastructure and services.
• Knowledge of change management process.
• Ability to complete operational tasks and project components as assigned.
• Create and maintain documentation related to area of responsibilities.
• Conduct proactive monitoring of systems and capacity planning.
• Perform regular system maintenance, patching, and updates.
• Other duties as required to support and meet the needs of the organization.
• Participate in 24X7 on-call rotation.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s Degree in process or completed in related field of study or equivalent experience.
• 3 or more years of enterprise IT Operations/Engineering experience.
• Technical certifications preferred: Microsoft, IBM, VMware, Citrix, Dell/EMC, or Red Hat, depending on area of responsibility.
• Working knowledge of network infrastructure and OSI model.
• Knowledge of Windows platforms, server hardware, software, and SAN storage administration.
• Knowledge of change management and architecture review processes.
• Good interpersonal, communications skills and ability to work independently.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proficient technical writing.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.