Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
This position designs, engineers and maintains VMware and UCS tools, environments and monitoring.The areas of responsibility may include: Virtualization (VMware vSphere and VDI), vRealize Suite (Automation), Cisco UCS accompanying hardware and software components.
• Engineer, document and maintain VMware environments on Cisco UCS
• Provide support to customers and other teams and lead/participate in troubleshooting efforts.
• Perform root cause analysis, problem isolation and resolution.
• Practice and verify consistent application of policies, standards and procedures for servers and other hardware/software.
• Conduct proactive monitoring of systems and capacity planning.
• Create and maintain documentation related to area of responsibilities.
• Identify, recommend and implement upgrades and enhancements required of systems to maintain functionality and optimal performance.
• Perform regular system maintenance, patching and updates.
• Identify hardware/software requirements for corporate projects and perform the build of these systems.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Extensive experience with virtual server technology – VMWare vSphere/ ESXI -6.5/6.7
• Experience working with VDI technology (Horizon)
• Experience working with VMWare vRealize Suite (vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight)
• Upgrading Vmware products to newer versions
• Certficate management and deployment
• 5 or more years of experience as a System Engineer in an enterprise environment, focused on area(s) of responsibility.
• Technical certifications preferred: VMware, Cisco, ITIL
• Understanding of load balancing technologies
• Management of UCS Domains
• Deployment of cisco blades thru UCS Central
• Knowledge of Windows platforms, server hardware, software, SAN storage, network administration.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess and have proven troubleshooting skills and independently manage projects and issues.
• Candidate should be detail oriented, organized, and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives..
• Must have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Negative pre-employment drug and background tests.