• Requires understanding of Disaster Recovery methods.
• Cisco IOS, NxOS, BGP, OSPF, ACL’s, HSRP, MPLS, STP, TACACS, RADIUS, VLAN trunking.
• Advanced experience with LAN2LAN IPSEC VPN and intermediate experience with DMVPN and backup routing strategy.
• Extensive hands on experience with Cisco routers and switches for the purposes of staging and install.
• Requires advanced knowledge and understanding of Blade Enclosure Networking in a virtual environment, load balancing, and application delivery.
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
• Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl, Powershell, Ansible) a plus
• Ability to collaborate/brainstorm across multiple IT teams to create the best course of action.
• Ability to complete projects on time including the necessary documentation
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management
• Ability to communicate professionally with clients
• Self-motivated and works independently
• Ability to quickly shuffle tasks based on changing priorities
• Strong multitasking and organizational skills required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• 5 or more years’ experience working directly in Enterprise level Networking environment.
• Bachelor's degree in related IT field or appropriate combination of education, experience, and professional and/or expert level certifications in the networking field.
• Extensive experience in a Cisco based medium to large multi-datacenter environment.
• Experience with multi-location WAN support.
• Experience with converged data networks.
• Experience with F5 technology stack a plus
• Ability to build supportive relationships within multiple office locations.
• Must be flexible and work with a high level of initiative.
• Up to 10% travel between Production and Disaster Recovery sites.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Negative pre-employment drug and background tests.