Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of business office terminology.
• Proven ability to understand and interpret reason for patient accounting credit balances, payor overpayments.
• Knowledge of the full revenue cycle process.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
• Must be detail oriented, function effectively under stress, organized, ability to multi-task, and analytical skills required.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Able to prioritize customer issues and escalate or solve with urgency
Training and Experience:
• 2 years or more experience in reimbursement and/or accounts receivable setting; hospital or hospital central billing office setting.
• Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to complete work assigned and AS400 knowledge.
• Customer Service oriented
• Negative pre-employment drug tests
• Criminal and MVR backgrounds meet our company hiring criteria