Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
The Billing Representative is responsible for timely and accurate submission of bills to Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross and commercial insurance companies. In addition, the role is responsible for the submission of secondary and tertiary billing.
• Coordinates monthly billing with controls in place to ensure all billing is completed
• Timely and appropriate processing of all account request forms from other departments
• Keeps current on all third party, State and HCFA regulations regarding billing practices
• Oversees the storage and retrieval of all post edited claims for period determined by retention guidelines
• Maintains working knowledge of all software applications related to billing
• Communicates to manager any issues impairing billing process
• Develop communication most effective to communicate with carriers regarding outstanding claims (i.e. fax protocol)
• Works accounts utilizing a broad range of collection strategies including, phone calls, letters, in person interview, rebilling, etc.
• Participate and complete projects assigned by manager to improve ongoing operations within the department
• Work in partnership with other departments regarding resolution of issues and concerns
• Works with outside vendors as appropriate
• Respond to telephone debtors and insurance carriers
• Will abide by billing techniques and standards as established by Hospital
• Purges and sorts all business office documents in accordance with procedure established by department and arranges transport to storage to be maintained in an orderly process for ease of access
• Coordinates with manager all tools required for effective billing.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested by manager, director, CFO or CEO.
• Answer all correspondence promptly and effectively regarding all accounts assigned responsibility
• Accurately enters and submits time by the required departmental deadlines
• Books travel in adherence to the company travel policy
• Maintain and update department documentation
• Maintains documentation regarding Customer interaction
• Provide training in areas of expertise and support for training documents necessary to assist clients as required
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of the MEDHOST core products
• Attend and participate in team and departmental meetings
• Maintain application & industry knowledge through self-study and by attending training classes
• Responds to email and phone communications in a timely fashion
• Ensure that all HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and responsibilities are adhered to constantly
• Assists the leadership team in evaluation of team skills and recommend improvements
• All other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of business office terminology
• Proven ability to understand and interpret reason for payment or denial and discuss with insurance payors
• Knowledge of the full revenue cycle
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
Training and Experience:
• 2 years of experience in a hospital or medically related environment.
• Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
• Sufficient Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to complete work assigned
• Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
• Customer Service oriented