Account Follow Up Representative
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
The Account Follow Up Representative is responsible for ensuring that Client assigned accounts are identified and worked to self-pay financial class resolution. The position requires professional Customer interaction and adherence to MEDHOST best practice methodologies.
• Follow Up on accounts assigned by MEDHOST Customers including, but not limited to, the following processes: verifying claim status, rebilling insurance, proration to correct financial class and notate patient account with steps taken to resolution.
• Review and recommend adjustments to accounts; recommend assign to Early Out and Bad Debt.
• Gather additional insurance related information deemed necessary to pay the claim and update system.
• Consult to resolution of third party denials, appeals, and other issues.
• Help provide analysis metrics and payor trends, recommend increased revenue opportunities and issue resolutions and document payor issues.
• Work closely with clients to develop systems for decreased denied claims and improved internal process and workflow efficiency procedures.
• Accurately enters and submits time by the required departmental deadlines
• Books travel in adherence to the company travel policy
• Maintain and update department documentation
• Maintains documentation regarding Customer interaction
• Provide training in areas of expertise and support for training documents necessary to assist clients as required
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of the MEDHOST core products
• Attend and participate in team and departmental meetings
• Maintain application & industry knowledge through self-study and by attending training classes
• Responds to email and phone communications in a timely fashion
• Ensure that all HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and responsibilities are adhered to constantly
• Assists the leadership team in evaluation of team skills and recommend improvements
• All other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of business office terminology
• Proven ability to understand and interpret reason for payment or denial and discuss with insurance payors
• Knowledge of the full revenue cycle
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
Training and Experience:
• 2 years or more experience in reimbursement and/or accounts receivable setting.
• Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
• Sufficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to complete work assigned
• Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
• Customer Service oriented