Service Desk Technician I (Franklin, TN)
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
Position responsible for the day-to-day support of corporate users using the following technologies; Windows Desktops, Windows Server, IBM System I, Microsoft Office, RemedyForce ticketing system, and VOIP phone system, along with various other software. Provide level 1 support and work with senior engineers in problem resolution. Maintain and deploy corporate IT assets.
• Create new and enhance current knowledge base documents as technology changes.
• Educate clients when possible to reduce Incident volume and enhance client knowledge.
• Incident ownership, from Request to Closed status.
• Research new ways to resolve old issues
• Provide quality and timely resolution to the daily servicing issues encountered by users within our corporate headquarters and remote locations.
• Handle incoming communications in a support environment generally through RemedyForce ticketing system and e-mail.
• Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, emails, and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with standards.
• Escalate problems to appropriate team(s) based on established guidelines and procedures.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant network systems to provide technically accurate solutions to employees.
• Perform diagnosis on both hardware and software issues, implement solutions, and resolve issues.
• Analyzes problem Incidents to identify permanent solutions, user training needs, Service Desk process improvement, and recommendations to eliminate business interruptions.
• Troubleshoot and repair defective/damaged equipment (laptops and desktops).
Required Qualifications :
• A+ Certified.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems: XP, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008 R2.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010.
• Previous experience in a software/hardware support role.
• Customer Service Orientation – extends to both internal and external customers.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to respond to Incidents and Service Request cases quickly and efficiently, while adjusting priorities.
• An approach to work which is conscientious and methodical; a strong work ethic using efficient methods and the ability to see tasks through to completion.
• Must be self-motivated and have the independence, initiative and desire to achieve.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with both team members and other users on a non-technical level, and translate their needs into workable solutions.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must possess strong problem resolution skills
• Must be willing to learn new tasks, and cross train as needed.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Must be able to work at the corporate office M-F 7:00 AM to 5:00PM.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as projects may dictate.