Manager, IT Engineering
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
The IT Engineering Manager’s role is a responsible for the strategy, design and success of the MEDHOST internal and customer facing IT infrastructure (x86). This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT Engineering department comprised of at least 8 team members. The IT Engineering Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Engineering Manager will also be responsible for budgeting and executing purchases as they align with IT strategy. This is a hands-on manager responsible for both the technical and managerial support for all x86 engineering (AD, Exchange, O365, Citrix, VMWare, RHEL, SQL, SharePoint, UCS, etc.)
• Identifies and suggests upgrades and enhancements required of systems to maintain functionality and optimal performance for internal users and external clients.
• Identifies hardware/software requirements for corporate projects and performs the build of these systems with accompanying service design packages to turn over to IT Operations.
• Budgets and creates training opportunities for direct reports
• Responsible for presenting platform changes and modifications in the Architecture Review Board
• Performs engineering design evaluations and review
• Responsible for the completion of long-term IT Projects
• Work with vendors for SOW creation on consulting engagements
• Creates technical documentation and metrics related to system functionality and performance.
• Responsible for managing and executing all IT Engineering projects
• Reviews solution designs and recommends alterations and enhancements to improve quality of product
• Analyzes processes and makes suggestions on opportunities for automation and optimization
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related field
• 8 - 10 years experience in an enterprise class support and design role.
• Working knowledge of Exchange, O365, IIS, Networking devices, Active Directory, Citrix, VMWare, UNIX/Linux, SAN
• Microsoft or other technical certifications preferred.
• The incumbent works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others. Position may require travel, and must be able to work nights and weekends in support of a twenty-four hour data center.